Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Rise of the Fallen






'Rise of the Fallen' is the second book in Chuck Black's latest series, following 'Cloak of Light'. As a quick recap, Cloak of Light tells the story of a young man, Drew Carter, who goes blind, and then is miraculously healed. But when his eyes are healed they're not the same. He can now see into the spiritual world, and see angels and demons and what they're doing. He doesn't realize, however, what they are, and the book begins the tale of his quest to find out.


Instead of continuing the story, Rise of the Fallen goes back and retells the entire story, but from the viewpoint of one of the angels, instead of Drew. While it was an interesting read, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first book, because it had a lot of the same content, just told from a different view. However, I'm glad I read it, just to continue the series, and I AM very much looking forward to the final book in the series.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed the Cloak of Light, but only if they plan to read the final book too. This book is definitely not one to just read by itself without first reading the Cloak of Light. Overall, I would give this book 3.5 stars.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program, in exchange for writing an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment